Believers honor God by faithfulness through persecution. 1 Peter 4:12-19
1. Do not be surprised at the fiery trials of persecution instead rejoice;
2. because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
3. When suffering in the name of Christ while doing good, do not be ashamed but glorify God.
4. In these troubling times God may be  punishing those who reject Him and His people and/or  purging the people who falsely profess to be Christians so His true church will be revealed. The blood of the saints may be the seed for revival.
5. Scripture Memory verse: 1 Peter 4:19 let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good. ESV
For all 1 Peter memory verses: https://thehlukejourney.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/1st-2nd-peter-memory-verses-242/
For these scriptures turned into a prayer click below: https://thehlukejourney.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/prayer-from-1st-peter-and-related-passages-for-times-of-suffering-and-fiery-trials-254/
6. We can entrust our lives to God because: “a. God alone is sovereign over creation & preservation of the universe, over governments, over individual lives, etc.; however each individual is not released from responsibility for their actions. b. God is good. c. Our path has been marked by examples in the Bible & history, d. Trust is a decision.”
From The Peacemaker by Ken Sande Chapter 3 “Trust In the Lord and do Good”
This book has been part of my personal Bible study for several months. It is full of scripture and I have found that in His scripture God is serious about our living in peace. See link for outline and scripture for chapter 3. https://thehlukejourney.wordpress.com/2016/10/13/scripture-for-the-peacemaker-by-ken-sande-251/
For the complete lesson click here: 10-23-2016-when-ridiculed-1-peter-4_12-19
Henry Luke October 23, 2016